Thursday, August 2, 2012

A Corn Moon rises

Last night I saw the full moon rising among the trees.  It was one of those run-back-inside-and-fetch-your-camera moments.  I'm always amazed at how the moon rises in a different part of the sky every full moon. And I am always saddened how my camera is unable to capture the clarity of the moment.





If I remember correctly this moon is called a Corn Moon in England.  Corn being an old English word meaning grain.   Thinking about grain reminds me how much I want to make some pasta from scratch using the farm fresh eggs.  I've never made pasta from my hen's eggs, but given how rich and delicious they are in everything else, I know it's going to be something extra special.  Maybe this Friday I can set aside some special pasta making time just for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment